The aim of this Toolkit is to provide guidance for taking action in promoting healthy municipalities, cities, and communities. It provides recommended actions and questions to consider, examples, and resources to help those working to promote health, well-being, and equity.
This Toolkit is free and open source. We invite you to use it to support your important work, and to share it with others.
To use the Action Toolkit, lick on any of the circles for support in implementing each aspect of the Action Cycle:
- Engaging the community and partners
- Assessing the situation
- Planning for change
- Taking Action
- Evaluating efforts
- Communicating and celebrating accomplishments
Check out the Orientation content for more information on:
- Promoting Healthy Cities in the Americas
- Guidance for Building Healthy Municipalities, Cities and Communities
- Resources for Addressing Some Health Issues and Policy Actions
How can I use this Action Toolkit? You may find it helpful to:
- Train others
- Learn how to do the work
- See examples from efforts in the Region
- Just-in-time guidance for taking action
This Healthy Cities Action Toolkit was developed as part of the workplan of the PAHO/WHO Collaborating Centre for Community Health and Development at the University of Kansas.